I only have 2 store-bought lipsticks left. One is a Revlon Matte Balm in the shade Sultry that my husband bought for me <3, and the other is a pink Maybelline lipstick that I love the shade of (but not the smell!). I still can’t recreate this pink colour so I’m thinking I probably need to buy some pink micas.
But I have made 6 other lipsticks using oxides, a gold mica and D&C Red #6!
This is what the swatches look like on my arm.
Here’s what they look like on my lips. As always, none of my pictures are ever filtered or edited in any way that can alter the colours and I took the photos in front of a window so as to get a natural lighting. I put them on my lips according to the arm swatches’ order and they are all put on using my finger (’cause that’s how I like to put on lipstick). They are all single layered, except for a couple.
I made all the lipsticks using the top half of this recipe, then mix my own micas, oxides and D&C Red. The lip balm base is created using this recipe. Please don’t ask me the colour combos, because unfortunately I didn’t take note so I’m not entirely sure myself… But it sure is fun mixing colours!
P.S: For those of you following me for my crochet projects, please know I am working on a blanket, which is why I haven’t posted about crochet in so long!